I moved to California from Ohio in 2012. I had never raced bicycles before (or competed in any sport) but after watching Cross Vegas via YouTube I decided to buy myself a cyclocross bike and see what I was made of. I spent my first 5 years racing for Mash SF and learning as much as I could about bike racing as fast as I could. My first cx race in 2013, I was sprinting to pass someone and they crossed wheels causing me to crash. I had no idea what lap we were on the entire race nor did I know it was the last one! Everyone told me to get up and run across for the finish. I did just that finishing 12th. Later I found out I had been sprinting for a 5th place finish in my first Cyclocross race. I was hooked. I went from local B races to racing UCI within a couple of years. For 2018 I raced privateer and plan to continue the privateer path for 2019. I am never short of lofty goals so I am excited to see what this season brings.
Outside of cycling, I’ve worked fulltime for Four Barrel Coffee here in San Francisco for over 5 years. I have a dwarf hamster named Michael Douglas and a wonderful partner who also loves to ride bikes!
CURRENT TRAINING GROUNDS/ San Francisco + Marin County, CA
- RIDE COFFEE SPOTS/ Andytown – SF, Saint Frank – SF, Equator – Mill Valley
- SPOTIFY PLAYLIST/ Personal playlist called ‘Mixy’, ‘Guilty Pleasures’ (you won’t regret it.. ok maybe you’ll regret it especially when you’re in the middle of an interval and Mambo No. 5 comes on.)
- BOOKS RECENTLY READ + RECOMMEND/ My World by Peter Sagan, Roar by Dr. Stacy Sims
- RIDE FOOD + NUTRITION/ ProBar Meal bar – Superfood Slam, ProBar Bolt Energy Chews, OSMO Active Hydration + Recovery for Women
- CURRENTLY WATCHING/ Killing Eve, Chernobyl, The OA, Succession
- OFF SEASON VIDEO GAME/ Red Dead Redemption 2
- ‘Pump Up the Jams – Cross is Coming‘ by Chelsea Weidinger for Ritchey Logic
- 2018 Interview by Helen Wyman for Kindhuman Bicycles
- ‘The Qiansen Trophy Cup‘ photos by Campbell Steers, words by Chelsea Weidinger for MashSF
- ‘The Northeast GP of Cleveland‘ by Chelsea Weidinger for MashSF
- ‘Cross Was Here‘ by Jen Abercrombie for The Radavist
- ‘Respect the Ice: Sliding through ‘Cross National Championships‘ by Santa Cruz Bicycles
- ‘My Ten Favorite Inspirational Cyclists to Follow‘ by Julliet Elliot for Brooks England